Here are the notes from our last 3/29 Standup Meeting. Thanks to everyone who is helping. We are making some significant progress!
Topics Related to moving into the new downtown space:
- Bookmans has agreed to be out backup if we are unable to get Cox to donate and/or discount our internet in the new space.
- Robin and Ben are going to meet with Cox in the next few weeks to try to lock this down.
- Aaron was able to get the Gangplank HQ contact for setting up insurance. We should be good to go on this when it comes time to move.
City of Tucson IT
- Aaron and Sean met 4/1 with David Shousch and discussed possible partnership opportunities. They would like to run a collaborative hack-a-thon sometime in May.
Pima County Economic Development
- They have 2 RFP funding opportunities that they will be sending us for short term funding.
- For long term there is an opportunity for partnership on Small Business Development Center. We would like to experiment with taking a U of A intern, and Intuit employee and a local small business. The Intuit and U of A folks will embed themselves with the small business in an effort to help the business grow. It is a win for all 3 participants and the accomplishes specific things the county is after.
Art to Display
- Jim Harris toured the space and is willing to display his art in the new space.
- Jim Harris is having prints made and will have them ready for the move-in date.
- We have set a tentative 4/20/2013 move date to downtown. Once Aaron meets with Stan Shafer next week we hope to lock this date in
- Will also discuss requested renovations with him
- We are targeting 5/22/2013 as our downtown grand re-opening celebration
- Robin, Aaron & Justin submitted an RFP to the city of Tucson last week to try to secure funding for this year.
Fund Raising Campaign
- We will be conducting a fund raising drive in conjunction with all of the meetings with the city / county to secure funding for the 2nd 6 months downtown.
- Brooke created a few fund-raising packages as well as a potential donor list
- Aaron has installed a crowd-funding plug-in on the gangplank website which we can use to begin fund raising.
- We will break the campaign into 3 phases.
- Move in: This phase is all about getting paint & carpet into the new space and getting us relocated
- Grand Re-Opening: In this phase we will focus on finishing the kitchen, doing some renovations and getting a security system installed
- First Year: This third phase will focus on securing rent for our 2nd 6 months and securing additional furnishings
Lean Launchpad 3.0
- Starting 3/30
- 4-5 Teams committed
Lean StartIN: Non-Profit Edition
- In collaboration with Lead Local and Intuit we will be hosting a 2 day Lean Startup competition for local non-profits
- Non-Profits are:
- Imagine Greater Tucson
- Desert Museum
- Tucson Women’s Foundation of Southern AZ
- Microbusiness Advancement Center
- Women’s Business Center
- Imago Dei
- The final presentations for these teams will be followed by our grand re-opening celebration
- We are in need of some portable white-boards for this event.
Startup Job Crawl – Wednesday – 4/3 – 15 startups, 65 students