This Gangplank Tucson brownbag was held on Friday, January 13th, 2012 at 12pm. In this talk Brendan Jennings and Alex Morot discussed what they’ve learned implementing continuous integration for the Quickbooks support web site.
- Their processes and pain points of working on code and pushing to production before we implemented continuous integration.
- Configuring a build server to verify the state of every build after code check-in.
- Adding unit tests to the code base and configuring the build server to run them automatically.
- Building a process to push verified code to production with minimal user interaction.
- Our verdict on the benefits that continuous integration has created.
A full recording of the event is here:
All of their slides are available here: http://www.slideshare.net/aaroneden/continuous-integration-11046014